Sunday, January 25, 2009

Hail Thom!

Nope.. I am not hailing him for winning the game of Scrabble that day. But its for this wonderful piece that he came up with. I can't stop raving about it. I understood the true meaning of elegance after reading it.. Here's his reply to my "poem":
[THOM]
i've tried twice to write a poem response but simply had to beat a retreat both times. But now I think by throwing out the requirement of rhyming, i'm able to express myself............

O triumph!!!
O shining crystal tower on the mount of overwhelming VICTORY!!!
Presiding over the vast plain of mediocrity and stale, barren, broken hopes --
Here I dwell !!!
[umm... and Bhavan too]
O supplicants,
O vanquished plains dwellers devoid of scrabble skills
Weep not !!!
Instead -- rejoice!!!
For you breathe the air
and you eat of the earth
just as me and Bhavan do !!!
You just don't metabolize it such that you end up winning games of scrabble


Actually, I sort of see myself fitting into the metaphor of this poem as the window washer in the crystal tower on the mount of overwhelming victory. I just kinda happened to be washing the windows when Bhavan won overwhelming VICTORY

[/THOM]

2 comments:

Kakshi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kakshi said...

Wow.. you posted it here.. too good :) hehehe
Why dont you post urs too?!