Sunday, February 22, 2009

Me, the aurora

I am extremely beautiful, resplendent and I completely delight one's senses. The very sight of mine refreshes people. People say, Pleasantness thy name is the early morn! Yet, I wonder why so few people see me. Those who do manage to see me have a very limited set of activities to do. Some are seen exercising, some are seen yawning and waiting at the airports, some are seen busily segregating newspapers, some are seen delivering milk and so on. I feel even though I fill every bit of freshness into people, they are not very eager to see me.

On the other hand, I envy the dark night. Though I give way to it, so that people get to sleep, I see the late night is so full of energy and life. And the activities performed by people are so varied. Although I agree that a vast majority of the people are busy sleeping, but those awake more than just make up for their absence. Its at this time of the day.. (er.. can I call it that.. well, whatever..) when I hear people chanting Life rocks! There's booze flowing, there are all illegal activities happening at its peak, there are fast cars and bikes zooming past on the roads, there are girls and boys having fun in many different ways. In brief, most of the activities happen to make life 'livable'.

Of course, the rest of the day is spent in endless pursuits, duties, whiling away time blah blah..

I know of a person called Amudha. She wants to see both me, the idyllic and blissful early morning and him, the zippy and mysterious dark night. But her body does not allow her to do that. She assumes its the same story with everyone else. Today was one of the days when she experienced my cool breeze and wondered why she ends up ignoring me and yearning for the Nox..

To each his own...

4 comments:

Bhavan said...

What about Hemera ?

Amudha said...

I don't know whta 'Hemera' means.. I searched on wordweb and it didn't return any result.. :D

Anitha Vivekanandan said...

I liked the line "She wants to see both me, the idyllic and blissful early morning and him, the zippy and mysterious dark night."...that sounds beautiful...

Kakshi said...

I liked it :) Its so ironic, at times back to back you see early morning, and at times it takes ages to witness one!
A beautiful thought, I never thought of the aurora they way you did!
You mind runs on a very different track, just like that comment you made for that child in the car today ;) hehehe