Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sports!!

I love everything about the title... I love watching, playing, feeling, living sports. However, I don't like sports unconditionally. Carroms or Chess or Golf are a total no-no. I like sports that involve energy and the consequent sweating. Even adventure sports are a turn-on.

I am not particularly patriotic but I am on a high these days 'cause India is in the sports news for the right reasons. Not exactly making a mark and stuff, but something is better than nothing. I adore the fact that we got a good number of medals in CYG (held in Pune :D). I am also totally relishing India's posiiton in the current test-series against Australia (though I know I am being foolish here :P ). Vishy Anand's chess feat is definitely something I am proud of. My belief is that Indians celebrate success too early and that is why we never move ahead. Instead of making a mark, they end up making a blot..

Amongst a zillion other things that I feel, one strong feeling is that each individual should play some sport or the other. Doesn't matter if he is not a pro at it. Feeling that adrenalin rush is something no living soul should do without. Still. with due respect to all mere-players like me, I say that I am crazy about the winners. It takes that extra bit to be a graceful winner and that "extra bit" can have so many names ranging from passion to concentration to fortune to grit to stamina to belief-in-oneself to practise or any of these jargons. Just to clarify, No "idols", no "heart-throbs", no "hero-worship", no "die-hard fan" is just my type. So, I appreciate the technique more than the technician .. D

I can go on ranting about the advantages of playing. Most of it is obvious, so I'll spare the readers. But I'll still mention that playing refines a person. Notice that good players always are composed, humble and grace-personified. 

Let me shed some light into the purpose of this post. One was purely to give vent to my ebullience which resulted from I-don't-know-what. The other was to prod people to play more.. Again,  don't know why.. Vince Lombardi, the American Football Caoch once said, "A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall."

No comments: